When it comes to natural makeup, many people screw there noses up because they don’t think it could possibly work like the mainstream makeup!! Well I have been wearing natural makeup for two years now & I can tell you..IT DOES!!!
I really wanted a fresh look, where I could walk out the house and feel fresh faced and still look
natural and HELLO Inika Liquid Foundation!!! It’s my absolute favourite! Why??…well it feels amazing on the skin, like a moisturiser with colour! It smells amazing, not like the chemical smelling friends on the market! Sometimes we only need just a little bit of coverage to help even out our skin and help with those little blemishes or the dark circles and after having my first child….I need it & I was pleasantly surprised when I was in a boutique store and the gentleman said…”I can tell a mother who doesn’t get much sleep by the dark circles under her eyes and you don’t, so he must be a good sleeper”…little did he know that the broken sleep was affecting me, I just make the effort to put on my winning foundation and it honestly helps to brighten up my appearance!!!
Now let me just clarify…its not a THICK coverage, so it won’t be like icing a cake and you no longer can see the cake underneath the icing, it purely adds that soft, needed coat to just help freshen and even out the skin!!! So for day I simply apply: Inika Liquid Foundation & Fetish Pink Eyeshadow & my favourite mascara and lipgloss!! I still want to look like me.
If I have a function or event, well guess what?? I can still use natural! Yep you heard correctly! So the difference with my day vs event makeup when applying natural cosmetics is to that I start with my Inika Liquid Foundation and then apply the Inika Powder foundation with a brush over the top as this gets the heavier look you would need for an evening event or a stronger look required.
Heres a shoot I recently did with this exact method to get the coverage required and still aim for “natural” looking as well as using natural products so heres proof that it can replace or be the alternative to mainstream makeup!!!
If you need more encouragement to go natural, well heres that little bit more about Inika:
- No petrochemicals, synthetic substances or mineral oils
- No ingredients of animal origin
- No talc or bismuth oxychloride
- No parabens (Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Isobutylparaben and Propylparaben)
- No harmful fillers
- No genetically modified ingredients
- No fragrances or colour components of non-organic or synthetic origin
- No anti-microbial agents produced from non-organic sources
- No chelating agents based on EDTA and its salts
- No fatty chain source material of petrochemical origin
- No sulphonation, ethoxylation or propoxylation
- No alkyl sulphates (eg. sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium coco sulphate, ammonium lauryl sulphate)
- No alkyl ether sulphates (eg. sodium laureth sulphate, ammonium laureth sulphate)
- No polyethylene glycol (PEGS)
- No polysorbates (eg. polysorbate 20)
- No ethanolamides (eg. cocamide DEA, cocamide MEA)
- No chemically synthesized sunscreens
- No potentially harmful preservatives such as parabens and sodium benzoate
- No gluten or lactose